This document is to help users download and install Metadot extension themselves without going through the Chrome Webstore. We resorted to this approach because of an unresolved bug in the chrome browser that prevents us from launching the product with old browser extension standards and the new standards are not yet mature enough to support all different browser extensions Ref: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1173354
Installing the extension
Important: You can’t add extensions when you browse in Incognito mode or as a guest.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More>More tools>Extensions or navigate to chrome://extensions/
- Ensure that the “Developer mode” toggle in the top right-hand corner is turned on.
- Refresh the browser
- Download the Metadot.crx file from here .
- Drag and drop the .crx into the browser.
The build provided here is approved by Chrome webstore but it is only available on a private link to tester. The same build will be available live after the fix for bug is pushed to production version of the browser. If you come across any issue feel free to contact us on our social media pages, find links to the pages in the footer.